It is said that one image can communicate more things than a thousand of words.
Here is a collection of powerful photos from the past that do just that – without saying anything, they can still speak directly to the soul.
1. 17 year old Jan Rose Kasmir offers a flower to soldiers during the Pentagon anti-war protest in 1967.
2. A Brazilian protester stands before gunfire during protests against corruption and police brutality.
4. A North Korean waves at his South Korean brother after inter-Korean temporary family reunions.
6. A journalist dashes across a bridge between to rescue a baby during Civil War. 
7. A Rwandan boy left scarred after being liberated from a death camp.
9. Caroline Joan Peixoto, City Arts, photographed classical ballet students at rehearsal in Rwanda’s only classical ballet school. This school has given the Kigali community incredible hope as the first post-genocide ballet school.
Caroline Joan Peixoto, City Arts
Evansville Courier & Press
11. “100,000 monks in prayer for a better world”
12. 3 weeks old infant with albinism snuggles up to his cousin for a snooze.
13. An Irish teenager yells at British soldiers during unrest in Northern Ireland.
14. Dr. Religa monitors his patient’s vitals after a 23 hour long heart transplant surgery. His assistant is sleeping in the corner. 
J. Steinfeld, National Geographic 1987
15. The patient not only survived the surgery, but outlived his doctor.
16. Starving boy and missionary
17. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
18. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)
20. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
21. Young man just found out his brother was killed.
Nhat V. Meyer
22. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
23. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months.
24. Man Falling from the World Trade Center on 9/11.
Richard Drew /AP
25. Flower power
26. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011.
Asahi Shimbun, Toshiyuki Tsunenari /AP
27. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009.
28. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head.
Biswaranjan Rout / AP
29. An Indian youth dangles from a power line before diving into the floodwaters of an overflowing Ganges river in Allahabad in August.
Sanjay Kanojia / AFP / Getty Images
30. A Pakistani man carrying a child rushes away from the site of a car bombing in Peshawar, northwest Pakistan.
Mohammad Sajjad / AP
If this collection touched your heart, hit that share button below.